Monday 10 May 2021

Meet the Maker Dotty Dot Designs

Our New Forest Craft Market Meet the maker is Dotty Dot Designs based in Dorset.

You can discover more of Louise's work via her Instagram page Dotty Dot Designs


Let us know about you and your creative work

My mother has always been very creative person & as a result I learnt to sew when I was very young & as a family we always crafted items for gifts & decoration! My father was a carpenter & his love of wood has always been with me!







How did you get started in your craft?

I went to art college where I studied different aspects & went on to study fashion & design.

I have always thought it would be nice to have my own little business making & creating but life kind of gets in the way because there is so much to do & see in the world! So having done a fair bit of travelling & experienced much of life & committed to different areas of work, I currently work in childcare which I love & have been able to share my love of crafting, i feel like I’ve come full circle!

What is the inspiration behind your designs?

My ideas for my driftwood come from an eclectic mix of everything & everywhere I’ve experienced in life plus of course the beautiful area we live in!


When I’m sewing I’m a little less chaotic but still like to put things together in an organic fashion!

My process is organic I don’t draw things before I begin, I have half an idea which I just go with. Sometimes I get a little carried away & throw in all kinds of media but that’s what I love doing & one day before I’m too old I hope that I can say I’ve been successful with that little business dream!

What advice would you give to someone starting a small craft business?

My only advice: Never give up on that dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment